Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bow the Carabao

After 23 years, I was again able to witness the amazing kneeling carabao of Pulilan.

I tell you folks, it’s a quite a spectacle for me to once again see, this time thru my lens, the crowd excitement and the carabao’s obligatory kneel before farmer’s patron saint San Isidro Labrador. I can’t believe the number of hardworking carabaos I saw. It could be a record-breaking number of carabao participants for this century-old tradition.


Susan, Eva, and I braved and snaked-thru the relentless crowd to get through right in front of the church where the kneeling happens. Susan’s sister managed to score admission tickets to the special viewing deck and stand toe-to-toe with local cinema legend Laurice Guillen.

Like in the past, rain started pouring near the end of the parade, a good sign according to local legend, and much-needed reprieve from a really intense afternoon heat for those loyal beasts and intense crowd.

I was hoping I could have good angle from the viewing deck but because of the over-crowding, I could only manage some decent shots. Some faces in the crowd are even look familiar.

Check them out:

3 comments:

Susan said...

Really an experience again after 26 years to join the crowd to wait and see the big event, which in the beginning I want to back out, but we made it. Enjoy kaming tatlo kahit pawis na pawis tapos biglang nabasa ng ulan. Masarap pa rin kumain ng bola-bola at pandesal na maliliit with matching dairy cream.

Thanks Eva & Egay, a short trip for me but very memorable:)

egay said...

Everybody in our office love that kneeling carabao video and pics I took.

It's really worth the trip seeing you there too Susan.

lil said...

hello, inggit na naman si ako! miss u guys!!!