Saturday, January 3, 2009

Rose Floats

I got a closer look at the floats on display after the annual Tournament of Roses parade here in Pasadena, California. This is the parade that is broadcast worldwide every new year's day.

You'll me amazed with the details and intricacies of how all those different flowers, fruits, vegetables, grains and what not, put together to build all these imaginative displays. The preparation alone takes months, and I bet you, soon after the parade was over, everyone is already envisioning, conceptualizing and formulating what they'll do next year for their entries.

I can only dream of actually watching the parade by the street curb. Huge crowds gather and positioned themselves early enough, as in as early as noon the day before the actual parade, camping out all night on the streets under the cold winter nights, making sure they have a good spot.

Well, for me and Angela, we just took the easier route; we waited for the parade to be over and floats to be displayed before we decided to fight the crowd. This is my first time seeing so many different types and colors of roses and other flowers. Here are some of the pics I took:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh those lovely flowers!