Friday, June 12, 2009

Up & UP

I seldom go to a movie theater nowadays only on rare instances like when unica hija wanted to see the movie “UP”.

I thought the original “Toy Story”, my personal favorite, is the funniest I’ve seen. But this one is hilarious, with mixed emotions, sadness at times.

Imagine tying thousands of balloons to a house and set on a journey to the wilds only to find out he’s not alone on this lifelong dream.

See the movie and I tell you, this one is for the ages. Dug the Dog is better than Woody, Buzz, Nemo, Shrek, or Flick...hehehe

While we’re at the subject of “UP”, thought I’d share you some pics I took while wandering around University of the Philippines campus during my last trip home. A friend of mine told me it’s a great place to explore and enjoy the surroundings while toying with my lens...and rightly so!

Walking around campus reminds me of my college days...at UE, not UP! :-)

I had lunch at one of their popular student diner, sitting side by side with some PYT and aspiring lawyers. Heck! I even bought a T-shirt and matching hat so as for me to really feel being one of them fighting maroons.


For a moment I felt incredibly elite and genius! ;-)

If only I could go back in time and become a rebellious, liberal, rally-go-lucky student of this university. Hmmm....I think I can be a good lawyer. After all, courtroom drama, litigation and all that lawyerly-stuff always fascinates me.

Doink-doink!

Did you hear that unmistakable gavel sound between “Law & Order” scenes on TV?

In my next life I wouldn’t mind being a lawyer to anyone. But the idea of having to need one for myself is not something I would hope to experience.

Although I find most women lawyers appealing and intellectually-challenging...wink wink..., to me they always spell trouble if I have to spend time with one...

...in court!


Anyhoo, enjoy “Up” the movie...and “UP” the school campus.

3 comments:

jersey girl dangkase said...

DAMN! this is a revelation of your 2 great talents that were tapped at the right time and the right place. You write so well and have the eye for perfect shots! Not only do I enjoy reading, but more so, it gave me an awakening. I love the way they flow, ain't boring at all and the accompanying pictures gave the blogs more life.

KUDOS to you too for patronizing and promoting the Philippines, our very own. Made me feel guilty for being a stranger in our country of birth!

Been planning to see UP, so I guess, the plan turns into a have-to!

Looking forward to reading more of your blogs and pictures as well...so you better keep them coming ;-)

webmaster said...

thanks for the compliments jersey girl dangkase! sounds like i have a new stalker..hahahah

you have no idea what other talents i have...wink wink!

jersey girl dangkase said...

Well, I think I know some of them, and undoubtedly they are indeed talents! You've set the bar so high, if you know what I mean.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I ain't no stalker, I just know one when I see one. And if you know me that well, you should already know that I am a sucker for intelligent life forms...

Hmm, am sleepy...arrghh!

TTYS...go figure!