Friday, January 7, 2011

You Are Not Alone

Ryan Bingham played by George Clooney, my long lost twin bro, said in the movie “Up in the Air"...

“Everybody dies alone.”

It couldn’t be truer when you get really old here in the US. It’s really a disturbing scene seeing old folks get housed-in a retirement or convalescent home, surrounded by people you don’t even know and stuck in a room with a TV remote in hand to keep you company.

Yeah once a month, if you are lucky, you’ll see another shadow or hear a different voice aside from yours. You’ll have visitors, a relative maybe or a really good friend checking you out asking if everything is alright, with every kind of food dumped in your fridge for you to eat until their next visit. Next month perhaps!

Sad isn’t it?

And no, not everything is alright! That’s what you’ll say in your mind, only you can hear. It’s written all over your face but no one seem to see your sadness and your longings to be back home where you really belong, in the comfort of your own family you brought to life not too long ago. You just want a decent ending to your own reality movie.

Depressing sights to say the least...

I told my only daughter (that I know of), that if ever she sends me to a place like that, I swear she’ll never get a good sleep the rest of her remaining life. I will haunt her forever...:-)

I would like to be back home where I came from. Fade in the sunset with known people and familiar surroundings. That I can take! A much better ending to a good life.

Not alone.

2 comments:

Jewel said...

i'm here :-)

Anonymous said...

how sweet! i'm also here! hahhah